I grew up fishing. My father owned a bait & tackle shop called “Fish Heads” for a short time in the early 80s. I spent my formative years combing through fishing catalogs and casting into hula hoops my father set up in the yard as targets. My father used to brag that his three-year-old son […]
About Great Escape Trail
The Great Escape Trail is a collective of fishermen, foragers, herbalists & nature lovers seeking to rediscover our human connection to the wilderness from urban environments.
We Sell Flies
- They’re Killing White Woolly Buggers
- Photo by Daniel Holmes I am anxious to get out the river, any river; flies are tied, I have a new rod and reel courtesy of my wife, and, reports are, steelhead fishing is good. Fishing reports are supposed to be honest, unlike the fisherman you might pass on the trail who, when asked how […] Read more – ‘They’re Killing White Woolly Buggers’.
- Winter Steelhead Fishing Tips
- You have waited half the year for the thrill of a steelhead hook-up. You’ve whisked away the glorious spring mornings and the summer evenings daydreaming of the superior steelhead season. Stricken by this malady, you tolerate blistering wind chills and lake effect snow. Steelhead are the only freshwater gamefish that will strike a fly savagely […] Read more – ‘Winter Steelhead Fishing Tips’.
- Steelhead Fishing Report – November 2014
- [stag_intro]Snow is on the ground, the Browns are in first place after polishing off the Bengals, and steelhead are in the river.[/stag_intro] It doesn’t get better than this folks. Forget The Fumble, The Drive, The Shot, and Red Right 88. Northeast Ohio is abuzz with the Return of the King, a Cy Young winner, Browns […] Read more – ‘Steelhead Fishing Report – November 2014’.