Our Brown Bucktail Streamer is based on the Lake Erie Shiner made popular by Floyd Franke, a respected and accomplished fly tyer from the heart of the Catskills. Floyd developed this fly to serve as an imitation of a common trout bait years after he observed some fisherman easily taking their limit of trout using […]
About Great Escape Trail
The Great Escape Trail is a collective of fishermen, foragers, herbalists & nature lovers seeking to rediscover our human connection to the wilderness from urban environments.
We Sell Flies
All of our fly patterns can be purchased by sending a friendly email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winter Steelhead Fishing Tips
- You have waited half the year for the thrill of a steelhead hook-up. You’ve whisked away the glorious spring mornings and the summer evenings daydreaming of the superior steelhead season. Stricken by this malady, you tolerate blistering wind chills and lake effect snow. Steelhead are the only freshwater gamefish that will strike a fly savagely […] Read more – ‘Winter Steelhead Fishing Tips’.
- Steelhead Fishing Report – November 2014
- It doesn’t get better than this folks. Forget The Fumble, The Drive, The Shot, and Red Right 88. Northeast Ohio is abuzz with the Return of the King, a Cy Young winner, Browns in 1st, and Steelhead in the River. Get out and fish now while water conditions are still good. Once this current snow […] Read more – ‘Steelhead Fishing Report – November 2014’.
- Ohio Morel Hunting
- Ohio Morel Hunting Please note, we are not scientists. We are educated observers with a few years of experience foraging our neck of the woods. There aren’t many public woods in Portage County, Ohio yet we are able to find morels in some fairly inconspicuous places. On many occasions we leave the woods with our […] Read more – ‘Ohio Morel Hunting’.